Feedback Page

E-mail sent to Darwin Bedford, author of Web site www.atheists.net.

Names may have been changed to further confuse numerologists. The most recent e-mail is listed at the top of the page.  This page was last updated on August 12, 2000.


Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:34:47 +0100
From: G.L.
Subject: hello from India


hi Darwin,
I visited your page today.
You have done a fantastic work.

I think my ideas are simillar to yours.
I would like to befriend you.

I have one question which I could never answer perfectly.
"Whats the goal of an athiest ?"
(As you know, believers' goal is to perform well in this life so that they are benifitted in the life after death.)

My answer (though I'm not that confident) to this question is,
To do whatever you can for your fellow beings and for the coming generations.

Pls tell me your answer for this question. I s there anything else that I didnt count?

rgds
G.L.

"To do whatever you can for your fellow beings and for the coming generations" is correct and there are reasons for it. Your body is your temple (of your soul) according to the book "Teach Yourself Yoga" by James Hewitt which I read in 1966. And since we are social animals our individual health is intertwined with our contribution to our specie. The physical law of evolutionary process of sub-atomic particles is really the root reason of why there is life in the first place. So you can be selfish by being concerned for your own health and at the same time contribute to others. Communication is necessary to help others, so be as fully expressed as time permits. As you can see, I am -- and my health is excellent. I am 51 and I can run 10 kilometers in 45 minutes. Darwin


Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 05:44:14 -0400
From: Ken
Subject: TRUE SPIRITUAL REALITY


Mr. Bedford,

I am a 14 year old and a very strong believer in Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

I am one of the many people God has called to make a difference in peoples' lives, and to spread the Word of God throughout the nations of the world. I have already converted several classmates from Atheism to Christianity. I have brought people to God. I continue to pray that you, Mr. Bedford, may find guidance in your life and that this wreckless path you are on may continue no more.

You claim to be a "Spiritual Therapist". I, in a way, along with many others are also "Spiritual Therapists." I have looked through your site top to bottom, link after link, and I must say I am quite surprised. I was first shocked at the so-called chart leading from Christianity to the end of the world. I have spoke with many people who have not believed, most of which are classmates. Out of the many classmates I have talked to, 90% of them are now regular Church members, and strong believers of the faith. Amen! People come to me with problems, looking for some guidance when they have trouble finding it elsewhere. I turn nobody away from me, and Mr. Bedford, I will not turn you away, either. I will not wish your death, I will not wish you to hell (Yes, Mr. Bedford, there is a hell.), but I will wish for your guidance that you may see the light and enter the Kingdom of Heaven (And, yes, Mr. Bedford, there is a heaven.)!

It should be apparent by now that I am planning on going into the Ministry. Then we'll see who the real "Spiritual Therapist" is. Nothing can ever break my faith. I will always believe in Christ Jesus no matter what anyone says or does. Look in the phone book of life, and you will find me and many others listed in the white pages under "heaven". Wouldn't you like to be listed there, too? Wouldn't you like to feel the joy of each and every day? Wouldn't you like to feel that someone is always there with you, and cares deeply for you? Wouldn't you like to feel that you have someone to turn to? Wouldn't you like to enter the Kingdom of God? Today is the day, Mr. Bedford. Which side will you choose? The good or the evil side?

Yes, Mr. Bedford, what you are practicing is completely and entirely ridiculous. Do you really think that your web site and flashy little items are going to make any difference in this world? The Bible says (Revelations) that one day all of your kind shall be crushed, and doomed to hell. I want that to happen to as little a number of people as possible. Jesus loves you, and doesn't want it to happen to you, either. Can't you just accept that there is a God that cares for you?

And what about prayer? Would you feel silly praying? Would you feel as though you're talking to yourself? That's not how I feel. I know that God listens to me, and he has answered all of my prayers-- every single one! Amen!

And now you build a web site? How far will it go, Mr. Bedford? You think you're right, and that there is no God. Okay, but what if I'm right? What, then, Mr. Bedford?


Send the power, O Lord,
Send the power, O Lord,
Send the Holy Ghost power,
May it now be outpoured!
Send it surging and sweeping,
Like the waves of the sea,
Send a worldwide revival,
And begin it in me!!!


That has to be one of my favorite hymns. It's only the refrain, but it speaks a message of its own. Someday, a worldwide revival will take place, and the whole world will believe in the Lord, and in Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Spirit! Amen!

Please, Mr. Bedford, come to The Truth!

Today is the day, Mr. Bedford. Which side will you choose?

Jesus Loves You. Amen.

May you find TRUE SPIRITUAL REALITY.

Sincerely,
Ken

P.S. Please post this on your site under feedback. I think people will be interested.


Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 18:10:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tsvi O.
Subject: Suggestions


Dear Darwin,


I am and always have been an atheist. During my life I have met other atheists and have noticed that most atheists are usually quite intelligent. Now to my suggestions, I believe more people would listen to you and your ideas if you were a bit more casual. I refer to your posting a nude picture of yourself, calling yourself an atheist's Messiah and putting in a link titled "How I kill people."
The feedback page is I believe a great opportunity to show all visitors to your site how stupid these people who disagree with you really are. Just reading a few feedback letters I get the general idea. All it takes is not even a full letter, just a link. For example, people who claim the bible is flawless and full of proof, put in a link to that Noah's ark page with the table of "Oopsies."
One thing I found lacking in your site is lack of disproof for Islam and Judaism.
Another lacking in your arguments are lack of mention of physics. The laws of physics in nature disprove the idea of a god in every way. E=M*A, means that for something to have energy it must have mass. Particle physics prove that everything that has existence must have mass and therefore particles. Therefore, if god exists, he must have mass. However, according to legend god has infinite energy. therefore he has infinite mass. Therefore he would have infinite gravity. Therefore if god existed we would all be sucked into him.
That is just the beginning of showing how physics disprove god. I think you owe it to those starving people, to post a reply on your web page to all coherent E-mail messages to reason and show what fools their writers are. I would sure be glad to help in that regard.


Atheist and proud,
Tsvi


Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 01:21:25 -0700
From: Richard P.
Subject: Service


I am a webmaster and a Athiest. I want to help out on your site. I want to play a role in the inevitable downfall of religion. I want to help out and improve the site with professional skills. For nothing.
I want to help. I respect what you say cos its the truth.


Webmaster R.P.


Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:45:21 GMT
From: "W E"
Subject: We're wasting our time


I get really angry when I see all these stupid religious assholes sending you hate-mail, but I guess that's what's to be expected from simple minds. All these simpletons are too deeply programmed from their parents or whoever brought them up...and unfortunately, their childhood programming is not so easily changed. They are brainwashed into their beliefs and it seems hopeless. If you are serious about getting any of these morons to begin to question their ingrained beliefs your website will need some changes and I have some suggestions to help our cause:


1) You are dealing with simpletons, so you will have to be a little less "in your face," as you are just causing their simple minds to react, and not to think.


2) Post a top-ten list of questions on the web page, a "Here's ten things you should ask yourself:" and make it questions like, "Who made God?," and the like.


3) Remember- you don't want to produce anger- you want to produce thought. Simple minds get angry quickly. We need to educate these people, so make it a learning environment, with recommended readings like Bertrand Russel's "Why I am not a Christian," etc., and get rid of the "fuÁk you Jesus" messages...we need these people to think, and provoking them isn't going to do that.


I'm sorry if you think "Who is this guy to change my website around," but I really think that if you are serious about educating these people we should do just that...I respect your boldness a lot, but knowing how stupid and deeply programmed these religous believers are I think the site needs a different approach...


Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:44:58 CST
From: Chris H.
Subject: Sadly


Dear Sir:


Sadly, I only briefly looked through your web page and was distraught enough to stop reading and e-mail you. Firstly I would like to ask, has someone wronged you so much that you have to have a shirt that shows you dumping a cross into the garbage? Its a needless and disrespectful gesture that could possibly get you hurt one day, which I hope does not occur. I am not religious by any standards, but I have seen too many reactionaries against religion, especially Christianity, that seem to take the stance that religion is some how the 'evil of the world'. This thought is just another 'cant see the forest for the trees' mentality. It is not religion that is the problem it is FUNDAMENTALISM, and you sir are a FUNDAMENTALIST. Fundamentalists will use force, kill, destroy and put up web pages to get their point across, telling the 'others' their views are false and preaching to the converted. Fundamentalists beleive, solidly, all the writings in their little books, be them Bibles or Quantum Physics Texts, are absolutely and unshakeably true. These people, to put it bluntly, are scary, sad and stupid.


All Religions have histories, sometimes good, sometimes bad. All technology and philosophy have histories, sometimes good and sometimes bad. I would hope that your new 'Religion' could start off on the right foot and not become so fundamentalist as its 'primitive' predecessors. You might not be able to change the world as fast as you want, but you may save lives.


Chris H. MSc (Physics)


Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 23:20:22 -0400
From: Zachary K.
Subject: WRONG!


Mr. Darwin,
Hello. I am in disagreement with your beliefs. If you can explain to me how the universe came into existence through evolution, I believe you would fail. With every single "fact" of the THEORY of evolution, I could present an argument to. For instance>>


Evolution:
was started from cells -- how'd they come into existence?
was started by a Big Bang -- how could everything be so perfect?


If you can sit at your desk, and tell me that a body created so complex is evolved from an ape, you are dead wrong. Just look at the way the systems in our bodies work! How could these systems, such as the immune system for example, just pop into existence? I can fully guarantee you that evolution is false. There is no proof. It is a theory. Also, I can offer you written proof. The Bible. You may fully disagree with the Bible, and not believe that it speaks the truth, but I wonder if you can justify that belief. If you believe this with all your heart, mind, and strength, then you must have read it through. If you can disagree with all of the Bible and simply throw it away or burn it, then you must have read it to make sure you do not believe it. Right? Well, if this is false, and you haven't read the Bible through, cover to cover, then I challenge you to. If you can do it, you will then have even more reasons to denote it. But you may find that you are moved by what it says, and see that you are wrong about God. God does exist, he did create the universe, and Jesus did die for our sins on the cross. He suffered and died so that we wouldn't have to. He took all of our sins that we have ever committed, and will commit, and placed them upon himself in order for us to be saved. All you have to do is ask Him to do the same for yourself. I f you can pray to God and ask Jesus to come into your heart and forgive your sins and take you to Heaven, you will surely go there.


Just think about it. Think of the lack of proof for evolution, and think about why you are beliving what you are promoting. I will be praying for your Deliverance. May the Lord be with you.


Sincerely,
Believer
I have a question for you:


If you do not believe that God exists, then why do you use his name vainly?
Ex: "Oh my God!"


Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 10:14:42 -0600
From: Christina


Dear Mr. Darwin
I will never be able to give up my religion nor do I want to but there's one thing I wish to tell you I believe it would be a very sad world with out knowing a God not ever knowing love or any other gifts God has gaven us. There is forever proof of his existence and I believe before you wish to council people on being atheist you should first understand the Christian religion entirely and see how we go about getting these beliefs. first of all some forms of proof... Noah's ark remains in existence today on top of a mountain... How do you explain miracles..for example in my very doubt of my belief I knelt down and began to pray so hard and so sincerely out loud for a sign from God that he is real instantaneously I felt this amazing breeze acrossed my back and the t.v across the room wich was broken turned on now the only remote was liing right on top of the t.v. and I was the only one in the house and it was changed to a christian channel wich we never watch this is just of one mirricle I have seen and experienced..I have been baptized in the holly spirit and it is the most amazing thing anyone can go through I litterally fell to the ground and rested wile being prayed over it is somthing unexplainable to me being this happend to me for I became paralized until they were done praying over me and I will never forget it cause not being capable of moving did not bother me it was so peacefull and so amazing you would never be able to comprehend unless you fully experienced it and it was somthing I could not have experienced with out God. I have also in my parish heard of the gift of healing witch unfortunatly I did not witness but there is medicle proof of it I know someone that was blessed with the gift of healing and this one lady came in during a prayer time with a bad hip and she was going to need surgery the next day on it doctors said it would not be able to be cured with out the surgury with many witnesses the prayer group laid there hands on this lady and someone with the gift of healing had her hands on this ladyies feet and slowly you could see the ladies feet move the next day she went in for the operation and the doctor said somehow she was cured and that she did not need to have the surgury, how can you explain that with out a God? Miricles happen every day in hospitalls and home's everywhere to prove that we do have a god whom loves us dearly. your beleifs make me very sad however they are your beliefs so please stop triing to convince others of them let people decied for themselves the information is all out there.

sincerly
Christina


Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 22:23:49 GMT
From: Windom E.
Subject: Happy Surprise


Hello Darwin,


I saw you on Newsworld International- a piece on your alter ego as the Domain Baron, and as a very happy surprise I found your website. In my area, in America, I pass by dozens of churches every day...every day I see simple minds going into these churches...and it makes me sick. All religions make me sick. Why is it that us athiests are such a minority? I think the answer, the reason the majority of people believe, is that they can not accept the finality, the nothingness that comes after death. Once a person accepts that all we have is our life now, then they can let go of clinging to the sweet whisperings of religion with its promises of heavens. I often tell my religious colleagues what they remember before they were born, and when they answer nothing, of course, I tell them that that is what they get after death.
The biggest joke of it all is that all these God-fearing simpletons run to church, or temple, or mosque, or whatever, in fear of eternal punishment, and they treat their fellow humans like dirt...racking up those points for their free tickets to hell, through their hatred, bias, discourteous nature, selfishness, etc, and they don't even see it. Unfortunately we can't just abolish religion....although I wish we could...but I hope someday the planet will have a majority of intelligent people, that people will wake up and smell the atheistic coffee...... Wishful thinking, eh?


Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:28:53 -0600
From: Jon 
Subject: Releif

Darwin,
I'd like to tell you how pleased I am with your site, and the content is relieving. I am an Athiest (actually, I'm confused on what I should classify myself as, I don't believe in anything...just Science and Technology, so Athiest or Agnostic?), and on top of this I live in the "bible belt", the state of Mississippi. Because of this, I do feel quite alone in my beliefs, or as you might say non-beliefs :-> It's soothing to find im not nearly alone, especially with the advent of the Internet. Professionaly, I am a Systems Administrator for a xxxxxxxx Retail Partner, and admin/design several sites on the side. As such, if you ever need -anything- regarding the web, please dont hesitate to contact me. I'm a bit at a loss here on what else to say... I suppose more than anything this email is to offer my friendship and help in any way i can provide it.

Jon 


Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 10:25:32 -0800 
From: Bug B Bubbu 
Subject: Athiest for forever! 


Hello, my name is Rev. Chris R... I just wanted to let you know.. or perhaps, inform you that you are a crude.. individual. I would rather seen you burn on the fathers cross than waste time creating your athiest page. You are nothing but a supersilious jackass with too much time. I saw your "chart" on the "path to hell," and quite frankly I found it revolting. By creating this chart, you also call yourself a hypocrite, and you should know that there is a space in hell reserved especially for hypocrites (malabogia 5, I believe). The path way to hell you call it. HAH! I laugh at your ignorance. your complete stupidity to mention a place as hell while at the same time saying there is no god... No god? then no hell! and no heaven! Keep reading for the best is yet to come.. darwin. You follow Darwin I suppose, the theory of evolution. How couldl you question the very one who allowed you to think yoru first thought? The very one to bring you into the cold world? How could you oppose the father w


Rev. Chris R.


Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 11:33:20 PST 
From: Ice Cold
Subject: questions. 

Darwin,
My name is Mike, I am a twenty year old man in Los Angeles, about the 
age of 12, i came to realization that there was no god, i mean it is not 
that hard to figure out, I am not even the brightest cookie on the block, 
but this is only common sense, ya know?

Well Darwin, I am writing you today, because i found your website. 
and i agree with many of your poinmt of views, not all. I do agree with you 
more than i agree with anyone else, So I am asking you, My dear mother goes 
to church every single week, and gives up all her money, this hurts me 
deeply....to see my mother struggling, and giving all her money to a 
religion.

Darwin, my question to you, how can i make my mom see...how can i 
show her that all they are doing is taking her money?

thanks i hope you get back with me, and also I am instrested, in getting 
involved in athiesm online if you know of any groups i can talk with or 
anything....

Thanks

Mike in LA


Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 08:41:41 -0500 
From: Karen H.

I will pray for you.

Dear Lord, I ask that your love and mercy be shown to this man and help
him to realize that you truly exist. Help him to experience the power
of your all-consuming presence and know in his heart that there is an
eternity. Give him a whole new wonderful outlook. Lead, guide and
direct his path and please don't let him die and go to hell Dear
Savior. I ask these in your name, Jesus.


Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:13:59 -0500 
From: Nathan Anderson
Subject: RE: Spiritual Reality 

I am absolutely in shock that you can promote such falsehood. To suggest the non-existence of God is not only horrifying but also foolish as you are toying with your future. The only reality therapist one should consult is a Christian minister and I guarantee that if you analyze the Bible you will find that it holds nothing but truth and I know as a fact that you cannot disprove anything that it says. In fact all the prophecies of the Bible up to this point have been fulfilled ON TIME. Perhaps the reason for your crusade against God is that you are confusing Christianity which is truth against every other religion out there which is distortion. Once again, you can't disprove Christianity but you can disprove all other religions. In short, I can only pray that through your God given free will that you will come to your senses.

Sincerely,
Nathan Anderson

And remember that Jesus loves you.


Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:28:13 -0800 
From: "Dar Al-Madinah Islamic Society" <dar9@sprint.ca> 
Subject: a call to the truth 

I have had the unfortunate experience of being exposed to your filthy website.
At this point I would like to call your attention to a few points:
1. You are well aware that no humans live forever. Everyone will die one day, me and even you. After we leave this world, let me tell you that we will certainly meet our CREATOR. He will hold us to account for what we did with that which He granted us (i.e. our intellect, our strength, our wealth, etc...). Therefore, I advise you to be prepared for that meeting. Are you willing to take the chance; if you reject this call, ceratinly you will live in eternal misery. One may suffer or go through some hardships in this life, but as long as it is for the sake of the One True GOD, then it will all be worthwhile. In the Hereafter, one who brought faith in this world will have no misery and nothing to be sad about.
2. There is only one true religion and it is Islam. I suggest that you learn it and accept it as your way of life. By doing so, you will earn yourself eternal bliss. If you need to learn about Islaam we will be more than willing to teach you. In the meantime, there are a couple excellent sites that can be of benefit to you: www.islaam.com , www.islam-qa.com
3. Islaam teaches us many things. The most important of which is that there is no god worthy of worship except the ONE< TRUE GOD (ALLAAH). We invite you to abandon the falsehood you are presently following and to follow the truth which there is no doubt about.


Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:39:31 -0800 (PST)
From: William Andre 
Subject: Reality Check!

Dear Mr. Bedford

Although you seem like a sound of mind person, your arguments just don't hold water. I am writing this to you to let you see the real reality. I am a firm believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Although I found your page interesting in some aspects, I would like to know where you draw your "evidence" from. Do you know that not one word of the Bible has ever been disproven? In fact, many people who set off to disprove the Bible have seen that there is simply TOO MUCH evidence to ever disprove it, and became believers themselves. Now, I myself have seen the proof of the living God in my life. About 10 years ago a personal aquaintance we will call "Sarah" had brain cancer and had to have part of her brain removed. She lost all of her motor skills, speech, etc. She was in fact incapable of performing the simplest of everyday tasks. One day we went to a crusade with her, and she was touched by God, and was instantaineously healed of ALL afflictions! Doctors (who could not do a thing for her), were stunned to see that the missing portion of her brain had grown back! I have also seen my cousin instantaineously healed of lymphonic cancer that had spread throughout his entire body (a medical imposibility). I have also been healed of many serious things. I would like you to explain how this could have happened, if there was no God! 

You see Mr.Bedford, it is simply ignorant to say that there is no God. Look around you! Can you explain how we came to be? No. Only the Bible can. All other theories (including evolution) have been disproven, or have little or no evidence surrounding them. The Bible has TONS evidence to back it up, and furthermore, it is the Word of Truth. I am praying for you, Mr. Bedford. 

I am praying that one day you will see the truth, and not have to stand in judgement before God. I am telling you and the rest of the world that Jesus is coming back. It will be a sad day for all those who heard and did not believe, for they will be left behind, because of there rejection of God. You see, Jesus is offering a free gift, all you have to do is to believe it. I encouage you to actually read the bible before saying that it is not the inspired Word of God. Surely as I live I speak to you the truth. We as a society can brush things off as long as we live, or we can chose to face the evidence of God. It is not a lie. I would encourage you to try to disprove the Bible, so you may see that it is the Truth.

Jesus loves you, friend.

"Can you see the wind? I've never seen the wind but I've seen the effects of the wind. There's a mystery to it"-Rev. Billy Graham.

Now see the realty of God.

Your friend,

William Andre


Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 12:14:03 -0800 
From: Dixon H. 
Subject: Reality... 

Dear Sir,

Do you believe the coffee table in front of you is solid? It's
not. It's millions of molecules. Do you believe you are sitting quietly
and not moving. You're not. You are moving 66 thousand miles an hour
around the sun. Reality is not always readily precieved. Your view
points seem very western Christian biased and very left brained indeed.
What is the point of your puny short life here? To organize us in a
systematic fashion and tell us all that we are to become dust? I create
on a higher conciousness level. I compose music a on a very large scale.
Their is spiritual reality in vibration. Christ spoke things into
existence. Have you ever asked Christ for something? Have you ever
chanted "Namu myo ho renge kyo" and seen what happens? Have you ever
chanted anything? Or sang the holy Garanth in the Sik faith? Have you
ever prayed seven times to Mecca? Have you ever asked for anything
beyond your left brain? The answer is obviously no. You seem to be so
into your own ego, that you can't even take the time to do the research.
So, why don't you try out twenty different religions. Really throw
yourself into it. Then I'll listen to what you have to say! Because of
your experience! I'll wait until you hit a brick wall in your life,
watch your wife or children become sick and die in front of you, and
then see how spiritually vacant you are. Spiritual reality is
experienced and felt and speaks much more than words. To intelectulize
your small lifes existence and say that reality is only how you see it,
is as narrow as a bible-belt fanatic. I am an artist. A spiritual being
on a human journey. Quick, run and get your therapists! I truely feel
sorry for vacant souls like you. Its the politics of such "thinkers" and
left-brained system oriented people like yourself which have destroyed
the earth. Go up in a plane and look down. There are no dotted lines.
There are no countries really. No borders. It's just in your head,
because you and people like you put it on a map. 
Compassion, means "common passion". Caring for the physical and
spiritual side of humans. That's my reality. 

Dixon H.


Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 23:05:00 -0800 
From: Husain 
Subject: Please explain 

Sir Darwin Bedford,

I read your explanation about how the sprits and god are no more than the imaginative characters as a child's make believe friends and I believe that you stand on a solid ground. A few things that I would like to ask you are when you wrote "The only documentation or backup paper to support the existence of these spiritual entities (e.g. the Bible, the Qur'an, etc.) was written by man using words invented by man.", I did not understand how can you prove a) That those words were actually invented by those men. and 
b) If those words were not used to explain those spritual beings than how would can they be explained. Just like your own name written in some other language will never make any sence to you unless its in English or any other language that you can explain.

Finally when you use the following sentance "Finally, with respect to our place in the universe, our lives are insignificant and meaningless in that we matter only to ourselves and the living entities with whom we inter-relate." you lost your power of pursuation, because its a need of any human to work successfully is to have a feeling of worth and feeling of existance. If we are so insignificant than it will make one wonder "What on earth or for that matter in Universe has some significance"

I hope that my words are not offensive because I didn't mean to offend any one. Only in my search of truth I would like to know some details and I have learn how how those sprits and super being works. For example all of them want you to believe in our signifacance in this universe (Because its a proven fact that ever human have a desire to be someone and have something which proves his/her significance.)
I am waiting for your reply.

Sincerly Husain.

Hi Husain,

The words were not actually invented by the authors of the books. Language evolves by people introducing new words into it. Some words were obviously introduced to explain things that they thought they were experiencing, but in reality was something else.

I say that our lives are insignificant and meaningless in the context that there are no higher beings that we matter to, and if we did not matter to each other then we would not matter to anyone or anything (except other life forms - plants, etc.) Even if we do matter to each other -- after we get sucked into a black hole, or after a killer ice age, or after the planets surface burns completely; then perhaps it will not matter that humanity existed at all.

Note that as social animals we are designed around (via evolution of course -- maybe I should say "refined around") having a feeling of worth and significance to each other. I am replying to your email because I have the desire to be someone to you and to be significant to you.

Darwin Bedford

Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 23:00:49 -0800 
From: Husain 
Subject: Re: Please explain 

Dear Darwin Bedford, 

You would never know how much your massage means to me. Thank you very much for the reply, many things that I did not understand from the text of your page now I can understand. Thank you again and please feel free to use my e-mail for any news bulliten. 

Sincerly Husain


 Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 14:29:50 +0000
Forwarded by: Clary
Subject: thermodynamics of Hell

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid term.
The answer was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, which is why you now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question:
Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat)
or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law, (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, lets look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose. >>

2. Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Teresa Banyan during my Freshman year, "...that it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you.", and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then, #2 cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze.

The student received the only "A" given.


Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 22:09:24 GMT 
From: Matt H. 

I recently saw you "webpage" and actually laughed out loud when I saw your 
picture. You are one strange, strange little man. As per your beliefs, you 
are unfortunately entitled to them but that does not make you right. You 
seem to think that anyone that has any faith whatsoever, not that I am a 
huge religios person myself, is somehow deluded and benieth you on some 
level. Well, what makes you such a damn expert on the way that people live 
their lives? You may think that people with faith are deluded, but if you 
actually think that the UN is going to devote funding for an organization 
that is devoted to eliminating religion, then you my friend are the deluded 
one.

What is wrong with faith anyway, keeping in mind that I am NOT a very 
practicing religious man? If someone wants to give themself comfort and hope 
by talking to a "higher" power then what is the problem with it? Picture 
this... you are a decrepid old man sitting in a nursing home with nobody to 
talk to and have a family that doesn't come to visit you. You are in 
emmense pain and want the suffering to end. Wouldn't it make sense to find 
comfort WITHIN yourself by having faith that someone is there with you? Or 
would you prefer to die alone in your bed?

Matt

PS. When you say "I love you" on your website, that is a fallicy, because 
someone cannot love others when they are solely in love with their own 
identity.


Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 13:10:30 PST 
From: Richard Whitening 
Subject: NIce t-shirt 

Hey captain limp-wrist. If I believe in your shit, do I get a free homo 
t-shirt like you are wearing in your picture? Nice ideas. You are the 
Atheist Messiah? Is that supposed to be some kind of deep concept? ooooooh 
the Atheist MEssiah!!!! Nice. Is that what my teacher meant by the concept 
"oxymoron?" You definitely are a moron. I read somewhere on the net you had 
4 ribs removed so you could suck your own penis. Is that true? Anyways, wake 
up you David Koresh wannabe, take your ideas, shine em up reeeeeeal nice, 
turn them sideways, and stick them up your candy ASS.
Build on that, atheist retard mother fuÁker. Now gimme the t-shirt.

-Jimmy Gookenstein


Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:20:22 -0400 
From: Connie T. 
Subject: Love them in! 

I pray for you that you no longer be blinded by the devil of God's
existance. I came across your site by accident on a day when God has
done so much for me. I have seen miracles, I have seen healings, I have
been healed by the Lord when the doctors gave me up for dead. You have
been blinded by the devil, who does exist, to keep people from seeing
the truth as misery loves company, and he is damned to hell and wants to
take all you blinded with him. God gave his only begotten Son that
whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
Jesus went to the cross even for you, to bear your sins, your sicknesses
and all that the world, the devil and the flesh brings against you.
Taking God away from our country has brought havoc, not freedom. God is
freedom. God is Love. He is a loving Father. Did you not have a
loving father to set an example for you? God is all powerful, energy,
love. God's love can surpass anything and overcome anything. His
existance surrounds you in all that is beautiful, not what you have been
taught. I realize that some Christians are the cause of your athesism
by their example, but remember the devil is the god of this world, and
he causes your blindness, havoc, destruction, hate, and he is the father
of all lies and liars and people slip and fall, even good Christians, to
their own dismay. The devil has blinded the Jewish nation to Jesus, who
is their savior also, but God even knew they would not believe as it
says in His Holy Word, Isaiah 53, that "He" would go like a lamb to the
slaughter, silent and they would not recognize Him. The Arab nation is
an offspring from Abraham, Ishmael, who's name means wandering jackass,
that Abraham would be a father of many nations, that Ishmael formed the
Arab nations, and they have been blinded also. I do not know what your
heritage is, but even scholars who have looked deep to prove that there
is no God, have found Him. I pray your eyes be opened to the truth,
Jesus Christ if Lord, God does exist even for you. God be with you and
may signs open before you. Connie T.


Return-Path: <hotmail.com!melanie1234> 
Received: from hotmail.com [216.32.181.179] by inter-corporate.com 
with Novonyx SMTP Server $Revision: 1.76 $; Sun, 10 Oct 1999 15:56:44 -0700 (PDT) 
Received: (qmail 92260 invoked by uid 0); 10 Oct 1999 23:04:30 -0000 
Message-ID: <19991010230430.92259.qmail@hotmail.com> 
Received: from 24.113.31.228 by www.hotmail.com with HTTP; 
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 16:04:30 PDT 
X-Originating-IP: [24.113.31.228] 
From: "melanie alternet" <melanie1234@hotmail.com> 
To: darwin@atheists.net 
Subject: Princess victoria? nice taste 
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 16:04:30 PDT 

I hear that you like victoria?
i attached a picture of victoria for you,
from her looks i am sure u will enjoy.
Bob

Victoria.exe 

This person tried to send me a virus.


Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 05:53:39 GMT 
From: Alan Twin 
Subject: you are dillisional 

You are full of crap.
you are dillusional ,
have must have suffered a massive blow to the head and severe trauma.
You are a very messed up man,
whats wrong with you
You have freyed wires in your mind and only god can reconnect them if u let 
him.
You have brain damage.
I suggest you head over to essendale or riverview and get a cat scan done, 
you belong in intensive care 24/7.
Your brain is not working properly.
You are insane
Jesus loves you yes you know
for the bible tell you so
little ones for he belong
you are messed but we are blessed

* god loves you and w hope you will think about this, he can help, heal 
guide.
jesus dies for your sins.!
Would you die for him?
i would


Cheerio
what other religion and god gave proof throu a book of his creation and what 
will become? huh huh none!


Return-Path: <yahoo.com!braveloveforyou> 
Received: from web601.yahoomail.com [128.11.23.122] by inter-corporate.com 
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 09:04:58 -0700 (PDT) 
From: al gonzalez <braveloveforyou@yahoo.com> 
Subject: u nut case!!! 


> GROW ESE!!!!!!!
> HEY U-U NUT,YES U.SO U THINK YOUR THE MASTER U
> FRUIT
> CAKE YOU FALSE WEIRDO YOU BELONG IN A MENTAL
> INSTITUTION,AND FURTHERMORE I AM GOING TO CHALLENGE
> YOU ONCE IN FOR ALL.YOU HAVE 26 HOURS TO COMPLY AND
> TURN FROM THE VERY ECCENCE OF YOUR INIQUITY,IF
> NOT,YOUR BODY WON'T EXIST TO TELL YOUR SOUL ABOUT
> IT,ARE YOU LISTENING?YOU WILL BE VAPORIZED FROM YOUR
> SLIMEY BODY STRUCTURE THAT JESUS HAS MOLDED,I ALSO
> WANT TO MENTION TO U ((NUT CASE)THAT NOT EVEN THE
> FORENSIC SCIENTIST WILL BE ABLE TO DETERMINE YOUR
> GENDER YOU WILL BE LABELED AS UNKNOWN GENDER AND
> RACE.BY THE WAY,GOD SENT ME SO DON'T EVEN TRY TO
> TRACK
> ME DOWN THE ONLY PLACE YOU WILL FIND ME IS IN HEAVEN
> AND YOUR TIME IS RUNNING OUT SO GET GOING OHHH MY
> FREIND BROTHER D ALSO WILL CONTACT YOU ON BEHALF OF
> GOD OUR LORD AND MAKER,SAVIOR. YOU SEE NUTTY,YOU ARE
> BARKING IN THE WRONG TREE SO DON'T MARK IT WITH YOUR
> URINAL THIS WORLD BELONGS TO JESUS CHRIST.WE RULE
> FROM
> THE BEGINNING AND THE END.
>


 

Darwin Bedford's Home Page
www.atheists.net
Let's debate, and build!
darwin@atheists.net